- UCPath project’s evolution discussed at UC Regents meeting
- UCPath Center Supporting UCLA and Santa Cruz Payroll Processes During Deployment Delay
- UCPath Targets September 2015 for UCOP Deployment
- UCPath Center Advisory Board Represents Interests of UC Campuses and Health Systems
- New UCPath FAQs, Quick Facts, and Glossary
- UCPath Center Taps Expert Talent from Campuses and Beyond
- Progress Reported on UCOP's Launch
- UC Shared Services (EDUCAUSE review)
- UCPath: April 2014 Newsletter
- UCPath Wave 1 deployment strategy gets green light from UCPath governance
An update from the UC Deputy CIO
Welcome to the UCPath program website. Here, you can find the latest information about the UCPath program.
We have made significant progress preparing our new shared services center to support our newly standardized business processes and each UC location, beginning with the UC Office of the President (UCOP).
Last fall we made important decisions about the composition of the UCPath program team, and in January, with new team leadership in place, we agreed to target November 2015 for the UCOP deployment. The UCPath program team has made significant progress since then, and I am pleased that we have recently completed the first phase of testing, functional unit testing (FUT) and system integration testing (SIT) is progressing.
The three remaining testing phases, SIT, user acceptance testing (UAT), and payroll testing, are imperative to ensure that the UCPath system will perform as planned. SIT verifies that the integration of the UCPath system with other internal UC systems and external applications work properly. UAT allows the people who will actually be working in the system to test that the new business processes can be carried out. The final test is payroll testing. This test compares paychecks in PPS (the current payroll system) and UCPath side by side for several pay cycles to ensure accuracy.
Though the recent progress is satisfying, much work remains in front of us as we approach our targeted deployment for UCOP this fall. We are 100% focused on that milestone now and through the summer months.
As always, please continue to let me know if you have any questions or feedback whatsoever.
UC Deputy CIO